About Rent&ReferWe're a team of people who are passionate about connecting existing tenants and future renters to enhance the overal renting and leasing experience. We're based in Atlanta, Georgia.
What is Rent&Refer
Rent&Refer is the social network for existing renters and people considering signing a lease at a new rental property. It's the easiest way for current and and potential renters to talk online and make all of their lives better in the real world. And it's free.
People are using Rent&Refer to:
- Earn money by sharing rental referral fees with incoming and current residents
- Search for a new rental property to call home
- View rental property reviews from real tenants
- Report crime in the area
- Organize social events at their rental property
- Find items and services for sale by residents such as furniture or dog sitters
- Find missing pets
- Sell furniture prior to moving out
- Find great restaurants in the area
We created this company because we believe that the internet is an outstanding tool for sharing information and meeting new people. Also, many individuals do not know any existing tenants when considering signing a lease at a new rental property. Rent&Refer gives existing tenants the opportunity to provide feedback to potential renters and allows tenants to become ambassadors for their rental property.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, RentandRefer.com was created in 2015 and is funded by Sidestreet Partners Inc.
- Invest in community
- Put our members first
- Be a good resident
- Communicate openly
- Act like an owner
Online privacy is always necessary. Rent&Refer makes it safe to share online the kinds of things you'd be okay sharing with your residents in person.
- Every resident has to verify their address.
- Every resident signs in with their real name. Just like in person.
- Your website is protected by password and encrypted by HTTPS.
- We never share your info with advertisers.
Rent&Refer makes it safe to share online the kind of things you'd be okay sharing with your residents in person.
- Every resident must verify their account through a valid cell phone.
- Each resident signs in with their real name. Just like in person.
- You choose where your information is shared.
- Your website is securely encrypted using the HTTPS Internet protocol.
- Rent&Refer never shares your personal information with third-party advertisers.
To learn more about verification, visit Frequently Asked Questions about verification.
To learn more about safety, visit Frequently Asked Questions about safety.
If you have a personal safety concern, report it here.
Guidelines for User Behavior
Our mission is to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer communities everywhere. We hope to inspire each Rent&Refer member to be a better resident. We challenge members to hold themselves, and each other, to the highest standard of residently behavior:Treat everyone with respect
- Assume good intentions in others and give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Disagree without being disagreeable; focus on issues and do not engage in personal attacks.
- Practice moderation and do not over post in a way that dominates conversations.
- Send private messages when a limited audience is more appropriate.
- Refrain from using profanity or posting messages that will be perceived as discriminatory.
- Answer fellow members' questions.
- Share information about crime and safety issues.
- Recommend local businesses and services (without spamming or inappropriate self-promotion).
- Sell, share, or give away personal items that you no longer want or need.
- Discuss community issues (but avoid campaigning).
- Spread the word about local events.
- Provide support to fellow members in need.
- Use your real name, not an alias, pseudonym, or abbreviation.
- Join as an individual not as a couple, family, or organization.
- Take the time to add a photo and to fill out your profile.
- View answers to Frequently Asked Questions about these Guidelines.